- 2 1/4 c. flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground cardamom
- 1 pkg. dry yeast
- 2/3 c. warm milk
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 c. butter, melted
- 1 c. sifted confec. sugar
- 2 tbsp. milk
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 c. blanched almonds
- Mix flour, salt and cardamom; set aside
- Sprinkle yeast over milk in large sauce pan; stir until dissolved.
- Stir in sugar, egg, and flour mix; mix well. Add 2 tbsp butter, mix
- Turn dough onto lightly floured surface; knead until smooth
- Turn into lightly greased bowl. Cover with damp towel; let rise in
warm place about 1 hour.
- Punch down dough; cut into 3 equal parts. Roll each part into a 24
inch long rope.
- On lightly greased cookie sheet, braid the ropes. Join ends to form
a circle. Brush with rest of butter. Cover with damp towel; let rise
until double about another 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven 425(F)
- Bake braid 12 minutes or until nicely browned. Cool on wire rack
Make Frosting: Combine confectioner's sugar, milk, and vanilla in small
bowl, stirring until smooth. Drizzle frosting over braid; let dry 10
minutes then decorate with almonds.
From: the Bunkers